Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Tired...

I find that I am tired a lot lately, and I think that a lot of it is just being tired of ADHD/ODD determining how the family will run. Currently I am in the living room with L, M is in the connected dining room, and T is in his bedroom. M is doing origami at the table, something she loves. If anyone makes a sound, with the possible exception of to respond to a question posed by M, then M gets upset and tells the person to be quiet. Sometimes she says "be quiet", sometimes it's "shut-up", and sometimes it's a scream or worse. Why should she get to dictate that the other kids can't sing or laugh or make funny noises? She doesn't get upset when she sings and certainly doesn't stop when asked.

This is a battle that I could definitely pick, and sometimes I do. When she refrains from being really rude or hurtful I tend to let it slide. Like this afternoon, she told them to stop making noises so I didn't interfere. On days when she insists on singing while not allowing anyone else to or when she says "shut-up!", screams, etc, then I will do something about it. I still feel like crap for letting her dictate the lives of the rest of us though. I am tired of it, very, very tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment