Thursday, October 28, 2010

All's Quiet on the Western Front

We had our appointment yesterday and it went well. It wasn't what I expected, it was a counselor rather than a psychiatrist. That's ok though. The woman we saw was thorough on the intake and had lots of things for M to do with her hands. We will be seeing a different therapist and we meet her next week. She is a family therapist so she will do work with the whole family which is nice. L and T have not been able to talk to anyone about what they go through so I am hoping that they will get some help there.

Tuesday and Wednesday M was really rough, quite irritable, and was on a war path. Wed night I told her that if she kept it up there would be no Trick or Treating at all this weekend, and she would only get to go to one party rather than two. That one party is at my mom's house and my 6 year-old niece is throwing it. So long as M is stable I don't want to punish my niece by keeping M away. She has been trying really hard. Our day wasn't perfect, but it was a whole lot better.

This morning we didn't have anything for M (or the other kids) to take for lunch. After M got on the bus the rest of us went to the store to pick some stuff up. I brought M's lunch to school and dropped it off. She was not angry this morning when I didn't have things for her to take right then :) This is an improvement. After school M normally has yearbook, but didn't today so she was home before me. She called and was totally fine. When I got home she even thanked me for bringing her lunch even though it wasn't exactly what she had asked for. That is huge too! I was so happy!

Tonight M was snippy with L because L wants to borrow leggings for her Halloween costume and M didn't want to share. I talked to each girl separately and I think that things will be fine. Hopefully M will take her medication first thing in the morning again tomorrow and that will help the morning go smoothly. I'm working hard on not worrying about Monday (and Tuesday, Wed, etc) when she's on a sugar roller coaster. I'm trying to embrace the good behavior whenever I can and I am showering her with praise for it.

Overall today was a very good day! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment